Well, would you look at that- I’ve been nominated for another award. Pretty terrific, is it not!
And with this post, I’ll introduce a challenge to anyone and everyone reading this- correctly guess where the phrase “great gorilla of Manila” came from, and you’ll win a solid gold donkey.
Ok, not really. But you’ll win my unconditional praise and affection and I’ll post something nice about you in the comments.
Now let’s get to the award already.
So what I’ve gotta do is:
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award.
- List seven interesting (or “kreativ,” one might say) facts about myself
- Nominate seven other bloggers for this award.
1. Let’s start with some thanks- specifically, to Terri O.A. at http://dailysweetpeas.com/. Terri is a seriously talented artist who’s got a fantastic way with words- just read these phrases aloud in your head:
“a splatter of fuzzy beige”
“It was an answer to a mumble jumble of thoughts that had cooked together until they had become a thick mash of concrete soup”
The phrase “wordsmith” comes to mind almost instantly, and if you’re a fan of the craft of writing I heartily suggest you click that link above.
2. Alright, seven interesting facts about me. Let’s do this.
- I once made homemade Cornish pasties and they were the most delicious things in the history of deliciousness.
- I will sometimes hold my dog’s ears (gently, mind you) and steer them as if she was some kind of dog-plane.
- If I ever go completely bald (which, sadly has already begun), then I’m going to shave my head and grow a goatee and walk around pretending I’m Walter White and it will be great.
- One of my least favorite words is “odor.”
- One of my most favorite words is “horse.”
- I once cut the fingers off of a pair of gloves to have really cool fingerless gloves and they were not nearly as cool as I’d thought they’d be.
- I just finished watching “Vertigo” by Alfred Hitchcock and it scared the crap out of me
3. And Now… The Nominations!
You should check out all of these blogs because they’re wonderful and also very “kreativ.” Or just creative.
- The Modern Woman’s Society
- Pouring My Art Out
- Van Gogh and I
- The Focused Filmographer
- A Mad Man on the Run
- Tucker’s Hole
- A Helpless Compiler
And thus, the deed is done. Thanks again to Terri for the award!